Let’s explore the importance of the best sashimi knife in daily life!
Without the use of proper kitchenware tools, you never become a good chef. However, if you are a professional chef, then must be familiar with the Sashimi knife.
These types of knives are very important to know for an expert chef because each type is designed for a different task like slicing, peeling, cutting, and chopping.
Japanese handcrafted knives are considered as the best kitchen knife concerning quality, edge retention, and performance.
In this article, we have concluded the top 10 best sashimi knife manufacturing brands.
1. Cangshan J-Series Sashimi Knife (62786)
- The company offers a lifetime warranty.
- The company is using VG-10 carbon steel.
- Each knife goes through a 6-stage heat-treatment process.
- It has an African Blackwood handle.
You May Read More: Top 10 Best Japanese Knife Set – Expert’s Choice
2. Yoshihiro Stainless Steel Sashimi Japanese Knife
- The knife has a special wooden sheath.
- It has a rosewood stand handle.
- It is the best combination of quality and reasonable price.
- The knife is suitable even for the beginner.
3. Dalstrong Phantom Series Fillet Knife
- The company offering a lifetime warranty.
- All knives go through nitrogen-cooled process for extra-hardness.
- The blade shows superior edge retention.
- The company is using AUS-8 carbon steel.
4. Global 2-Sided Sashimi Slicer
- It has a slip-free handle.
- The knife is ultra-lightweight.
- It has a double-sided blade.
- The knife is suitable for both sashimi and sushi
5. Shun Yanagiba Handcrafted Sashimi Knife
- It has a herringbone pattern on the blade.
- The handle is of octagonal Pakkawood.
- It has 71 alternating layers of steel.
- It is a professional sashimi and sushi knife.
You May Read More: Top 8 Best Nakiri knife
6. Kamikoto Knife Set
- It is a complete set of knives.
- The set includes a stylish presentation box.
- The company is using Japanese Honshu steel.
- The blade has a forged structure.
7. Lucky Cook Cutting Sashimi Knife
- It has a premium quality stainless steel blade.
- The knife comes with a traditional wood handle.
- There is a perfect balance between the blade and the handle.
- The blade is ultra-sharp
8. Kai Wasabi Sashimi Black Knife
- It shows superior edge retention.
- The knife is safe for hand wash and dishwasher.
- The handle is very sturdy.
- It is suitable for both sushi and sashimi.
You May Read More: Top 8 Best Kitchen knife under 100
9. Sawkit Sushi Sashimi Knife
- It is a set of 2 knives.
- The blade is ultra-sharped.
- It is the best multi-purpose knife in the kitchen.
- The knife is suitable for both sushi and sashimi.
10. Tuo Yanagiba Sashimi Knife
- It has a Rockwell hardness of 58.
- It is a perfectly balanced knife.
- The blade is 8.25 inches.
- The knife is resistant to rust.
If you are searching for the best sashimi knife, then in the market you will face difficulty which brand to select and which brand to reject. In comparison, each brand has some positive and negative points.
Here we will tell you some important points that you should consider while selecting a sashimi knife.
The blade material is one of the important factors to consider. In comparison, different companies are using different materials like steel, stainless steel, carbon steel, and hard steel alloy. In the first place, you select the knife in which the blade is premium carbon steel. The blade of this material remains sharp for a longer period.
Comfortable handling is also very important to consider while selecting the best sashimi knife. Different companies, materials like wood, plastic, polypropylene, and steel. Here according to the reviews by professional chefs, in contrast to other materials, the wood handle is the best. The wood handle offers a firm and anti-slip grip.
Blade length is very important to consider. If the blade length is too short or too long, you will feel difficulty while cutting. In the market, knives with different blade lengths are available varying from 7 to 13 inches.
In addition, professional chefs say that a knife with a blade length of 10 inches is most suitable for all types of tasks like slicing, peeling, chopping, and cutting.
Full Tang or Half Tang:
The last factor to consider while selecting the best sashimi knife is its structure. Full tang knives are a single piece knife from tip to tang while the half tang knives are double pieces (handle, and blades are two separate pieces welded together).
According to expert reviews, full-tang knives are more durable.
You May Read More: Top 8 Best Chef Knife Under 100
You have seen our recommendations for the top 10 brands for the designing of the best sashimi knife. Your budget in your pocket plays an important role in deciding the Sashimi knife of which brand to buy.
Thus, in order to save money from buying a bad quality knife, we suggest you buy the sashimi of one of those brands mentioned in the list. This is because this article is written after a lot of researches and surveys regarding blade material, blade length, handle material, and storage box.
Frequently Asked Questions